2.3.1 text corruption

Stuart Lynne sl at unifax.UUCP
Sun Jun 4 09:31:40 AEST 1989

In article <26353 at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> carlson at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV (Joe Carlson) writes:
}2.3.1.  Basically it appears that the in-core version of certain heavily
}used programs appears to get corrupted every once in a while. I believe that
}I have eliminated hardware trouble as the cause of this.

}	It appears that there is a text cache kept in the kernel which
}has corrupted it's entry for program in question.... rebooting the system
}clears the trouble (or making another disk copy as I show above).  The problem
}appears VERY sporadically and has hit a number of programs on the system
}(/bin/sh and /etc/nntpd[one of my own]) that get run a lot.

I have also seen this problem on another system with a flakey swap area.
You might want to check that you don't have any bad blocks in your swap
area.
--
Stuart.Lynne at wimsey.bc.ca uunet!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice) 604-939-4768(fax)