SCO Support Service

Axel Fischer fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Sat Jun 3 23:29:30 AEST 1989

In article <559 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <2874 at netmbx.UUCP> fischer at netmbx.UUCP (Axel Fischer) writes:
>| Thanks SCO, for making a fast access to the patches for everyone possible.
>  It's nice that someone like the service and can get it. I paid $375
>for Softcare and it doesn't seem to include BBS service, according to
>Rhonda about 4 minutes ago.
I have no idea what SoftCare at any level means ?
Could you please explain it ?
Here in Germany you buy your SCO from an authorized dealer. There are also
two or three other dealers who import SCO Xenix directly from USA but they
can't help you if you have any problems.

If you have a problem you just call your dealer and thats it. The dealer where
I have bought my SCO Xenix has until today answered 99 % of my questions.
It seems that the know almost everything about Xenix :-). That results from the
fact that they work every day with Xenix and write software for it.

I was never in touch with SCO directly - there was no need for it.

The only times I was in touch with SCO USA was now with the new BBS feature
(very good !) and because I want a copy of DiSCOver on a regular basis.

BUT I DON'T GET IT !!! I have written several times to Mr. Rosso and he has
promised me to give me a subscription, but NOTHING happens.
The is NOT a good service.
And the worst thing is, that I like DiSCOver - it's a good source for
new product informations and fixing problems. I want it !

>  My system crashed about 4pm yesterday (19 hours ago) and I just got my
>"express help." The problem was that fsck silently crashed during phase
>one and exited with a status of 4. She said this was a known problem,
>and they would send me a fix "at no charge since it's our problem."
That is a known problem, you could get the patch (xnx124 I believe) from
the new BBS via uucp request.

>  I asked if they could make it available via uucp so I wouldn't have to
>reload the entire system and was told "that isn't in place yet."
Uh ?

-Axel
--
Domain:        fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Europe:        ...!tmpmbx!netmbx!fischer