SCO Support Service

William Davidsen davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Fri Jun 2 01:28:20 AEST 1989

In article <2874 at netmbx.UUCP> fischer at netmbx.UUCP (Axel Fischer) writes:

| I want to thank SCO for making it possible to access there BBS via
| annonymous UUCP to request the available patches xnx???.*
|
| Even from Berlin, West Germany I have had no trouble getting in and first of
| all requesting the info file.
| On the second call I requested one patch and it works just fine.
|
| I really don't know what some guys are complaining. I works great.
|
| Thanks SCO, for making a fast access to the patches for everyone possible.

  It's nice that someone like the service and can get it. I paid $375
for Softcare and it doesn't seem to include BBS service, according to
Rhonda about 4 minutes ago.

  My system crashed about 4pm yesterday (19 hours ago) and I just got my
"express help." The problem was that fsck silently crashed during phase
one and exited with a status of 4. She said this was a known problem,
and they would send me a fix "at no charge since it's our problem."

  I asked if they could make it available via uucp so I wouldn't have to
reload the entire system and was told "that isn't in place yet."

  BTW: I waited for four 8 minute periods for an engineer when the
system went down, and then was given a callback time of 10am (EDT). I
didn't get a call until 11am, when Dorothy told me they "just realized
we didn't call you" and told me there was an engineer available. I then
sat on hold for another four minutes.

  SCO could have saved me about 24 hours if they had told me to use my
hat for a commode on the first call. At least that way I would *know*
what support I was getting.

  I think the BBS is a great idea, too bad I didn't spend the money for
the cheap fix instead of going for the higher level of support. Foolish
me, I though it was a superset of the BBS-only.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen