file corruption

Bruce A. McIntyre bruce at mdi386.UUCP
Thu Jun 15 08:44:14 AEST 1989

In article <767 at ocsmd.ocs.com>, glenn at ocsmd.ocs.com (glenn ford) writes:
> I run an 80286 SCO Box, and was doing a DOSCP (from floppy to disk) and
> everything seemed to go O.K..  Later when trying to run certain of my
> own programs I ran into a bad file.  I did a ls -lF and the filename was
> OK, but the file size was some scrambled variable length of numbers and
> characters.  NOW, I look around some more and find some additional 20-30
> files with the same problem!  Even a directory was ruined and all
> beneath it.  I rebooted and went into single user and ran fsck, and sure
> enough it found more files which it called 'EMPTY'.

WE ran into the same kind of thing with an early release of SCO XENIX for
the PS/2 line, and found that when printing it sometimes trashed the files,
and once lost the entire /usr directory tree.   I don't remember the exact
patch, but SCO did know about it and could help... I bet that if you have
support, they can help you...
bruce
	Bruce A. McIntyre, McIntyre Designs, Inc. VOICE(215)322-1895
	143 Bridgetown Pike, Langhorne, Pa. 19047 DATA (215)357-2915
	{wells|lgnp1|prapc2}!mdi386!bruce	bruce at wells tbit+

	Unix, Xenix, Netware and PC-DOS Applications development.
	Specializing in Database Applications since 1980.