3.5" drive on a 386/compatible

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Fri Jun 30 05:18:58 AEST 1989

I'm interested in adding a 3.5" drive to my vanilla 386 (running SCO 2.3.1),
to both read and write 3.5" disks.  I've checked through the 2.3.1 release
notes, but this topic appears not to be covered.

Does Xenix know about 3.5" drives (ie does the 3.5" use the standard floppy
driver), or must the manufacturer supply a driver?

On a similar note -- does anyone know if standard Xenix binaries run on
the PS/2?  For that matter, do any differences between the PS/2 and
standard 386's affect user software?

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com