SunRiver information...

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.UUCP
Tue Mar 28 07:52:51 AEST 1989

In article <174 at labii.UUCP> shevett at labii.UUCP (Dave Shevett) writes:

>[...]
>In this article, they review a system from
>SunRiver that allows up to 4 graphic terminals per controller card .  Has
>anyone ever used/seen/purchased this system?

>It seems the ideal solution to the Unix/Dos stigma.

Well, one thing it won't be is a cheap way to implement multiple Xwindow
servers on a 386. Most of the people at SunRiver's Uniforum booth had never
heard of X windows. The one person who had heard of it said [surprise] that
there are 'no foreseeable plans' to implement X on this system.

>From what I saw, if you're deeply committed to lots of DOS-under-Unix,
SunRiver may be a good route to go. I'm not sure about how appropriate
it is for native Unix applications (as opposed to an intelligent serial
card and semi-intelligent terminals).

--

 Evan Leibovitch, SA of System Telly, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
     evan at telly.on.ca / {uunet!attcan,utzoo}!telly!evan / (416) 452-0504