SunRiver information...

Dave Shevett shevett at labii.UUCP
Sun Mar 26 10:34:57 AEST 1989

A few months back, there was an article in Computer Shopper outlining a set
of cards available that would allow several graphic terminals to connect to
a 386 box running a variety of multi-user/multi-terminal systems (Xenix,
Unix, Concurrent DOS, etc).  In this article, they review a system from
SunRiver that allows up to 4 graphic terminals per controller card .  Has
anyone ever used/seen/purchased this system?

It seems the ideal solution to the Unix/Dos stigma.  Terminals functioning
identically to PC's, with the performance of a 12mghz AT, at the cost of a
stripped PC.  What I'd like to know is this:

	1 - Our company is an SCO dealer.  Can I use the SunRiver system to run
a DOS graphics application on these terminals.  The supposedly will support
mice and local printers - CAN I RUN PAGEMAKER?  <-- important q...

	2 - What applications will run with this, and what will I need?  I
assume VP/ix is in there somewhere.  Do I need Multiview?  (not sure at
all).

	3 - If not the SunRiver system, which looks fantastic, what CAN I use
to get this kind of functionality?

Thanx for your help - this type of system seems horribly important to the
Unix-on-a-pc world, so post your views on this....

| Dave Shevett   ~---------------------~    Labyrinth II BBS    |
| W. Trenton, NJ | Have you made your  |   shevett at labii.UUCP   |
| (609) 883-9352 | saving throw today? |  --------------------  |
|   1200/2400    ~---------------------~ 3b1ish and proud of it |