Help Needed to 'restor' entire filesystem

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Sat Mar 11 09:53:14 AEST 1989

In article <26974 at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> 0rrodrig at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Russ Rodriguez) writes:

| 	1) From the bootable root-filesystem floppy, with what params do
| 	   I invoke the 'restor' utility to get the tape to be read back
| 	   onto my disk?  I've lost (maybe never had) the docs for this
| 	   program.  Can anyone offer help?

  Before reformatting be *sure* you have a tape kernel on the floppy,
that you have the tape device on the floppy, that you have /bin/mkdir on
the floppy, etc. Run restor with the option to display a table of
contents and be sure that after booting from the floppy you can read the
tape with restor.

  Give you half a guess why I'm telling you to do these things ;-)

I don't have a manual here, hopefully someone else will give you that info.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)