Help Needed to 'restor' entire filesystem

Russ Rodriguez 0rrodrig at teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA
Thu Mar 9 15:07:51 AEST 1989

Hello:

	I'm about to reformat my hard disk and have backed up my
SCO Xenix 2.2.1 system to 10 mb mini cartridge tape (/dev/rctminiv). My
question is:

	1) From the bootable root-filesystem floppy, with what params do
	   I invoke the 'restor' utility to get the tape to be read back
	   onto my disk?  I've lost (maybe never had) the docs for this
	   program.  Can anyone offer help?

	2) Does anyone out there have the version 2.2.1 manuals that they'd
	   be willing to part with for a modest price?  After all, there
	   must be DOZENS of folks upgrading to VP/IX ...

Russell Rodriguez
Disclaimer:   The opinions of Russ Rodriguez are his own and couldn't possibly
    reflect those of Teknowledge, Inc., of Palo Alto, California
internet:  0rrodrig at teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
usenet:	   {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|uw-beaver}!0rrodrig%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
home:	   2420 Slater Street, Santa Rosa, CA., 95404-2143 Phone: 707-571-8172