"exited with status 2" Help Requested

Keith Gabryelski ag at cbmvax.UUCP
Tue Mar 14 09:02:47 AEST 1989

In article <1406 at nc386.UUCP> rhg at nc386.UUCP (Rich Garrett) writes:
>After many, many attempts to get this problem resolved, I am asking those
>in this group if anyone has experienced a simular problem:
>----------------
>  From: nc386!uucp
>  To: ncoast!daemon
>  Date: Sun Mar 12 02:10:12 1989
>
>  remote execution	[uucp job ncoastXHeX0 (3/12-2:10:11)]
>  	rmail rhg
>  exited with status 2
>---------------
>This type of mail is sent to ANYONE off of nc386 who sends mail to
>nc386!username.  I assume it is a reply or some audit function of smail
>since it does not happen with the 'standard' mailers.
>
>nc386 is running SCO Xenix on a 386 20MZ Mylex Board.  Help or suggestions
>would be appreciated as my neighbors are losing their patience.  I do not
>have strong abilities in programming.  Thank you in advance!

nc386 is running a version of smail that was compiled on a 2.2 Dev Sys.

The problem is in main().  smail does a `return 0' instead of an
`exit(0)'.  Change that line and re-make.  You should be fine.

That bug is said to have been fixed in the 2.3 Dev Sys release
although I haven't tested it.

Pax, Keith
Keith Gabryelski                                   ag at cbmvax.commodore.com