"exited with status 2" Help Requested

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.UUCP
Tue Mar 14 01:47:22 AEST 1989

In article <1406 at nc386.UUCP> rhg at nc386.UUCP (Rich Garrett) writes:
[describes exit code 2 diagnostic when smail runs]

My guess is that you are running an old version of 2.2 development system.
There is a bug such that "return()" from main() was not the same as
"exit()".  Guess which one smail uses??

Two possible solutions:  (1) change the "return" to an "exit" in smail,
(2) contact sco for the development system maintenance disk "UFC1".
(Sorry, I don't have the official name...just the label on the floppy.)
--
Chip Rosenthal     chip at vector.UUCP    |      Choke me in the shallow water
Dallas Semiconductor   214-450-5337    |         before I get too deep.