Screen flickering problem while installing Xenix

Tony Tran tran at versatc.UUCP
Fri Mar 10 10:24:25 AEST 1989

I was trying to install SCO 2.3.1 the other day, and as the system booted
up from the diskette, it came up with a banner, and a few seconds later,
the screen flickered and I had to abort the installation.

The PC was a PC-386 clone with a Video-7 VGA/EGA card, and a ITT EGA
monitor with a 40MB Seagate drive. The color was OK under DOS.

Did I mis-adjust some jumpers on the graphic card or did I miss
a driver somewhere?

Any help/hints on this would be appreciated.

Tony
--
UUCP: {sun,ames,pyramid}!versatc!tran
Versatec, 2805 Bowers Avenue, Santa Clara, Calif 95051