VP/ix vs Merge

Dave H Close compata at cup.portal.com
Tue Mar 14 14:07:07 AEST 1989

Most of you have probably noticed in SCO's latest newsletter their announcement
of Open Desktop.  This product includes DOS Merge from Locus.  In the same
newsletter, SCO announces a free upgrade for VP/ix (which support tells me isn'
actually ready, the announcement was "very premature").

What does this mean?  So far as I know, those are the only two DOS-under-Unix
products available.  Is SCO abandoning VP/ix, perhaps because of all the
complaints recently aired on the net?  Is Merge any better?

Dave Close, Compata, Arlington, Texas
compata at cup.portal.com