Problems with Paradise VGA

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US
Mon Mar 13 02:20:56 AEST 1989

In article <9031 at alice.UUCP> debra at alice.UUCP () writes:
>I have trouble getting an Everex Step 386/25 to work with AT&T System V-3.2.
>I have a Paradise VGA 16 card which works very well under miserable dos,
>but when I boot Unix the screen goes blank and remains black all the time.
>I can actually log on and perform a shutdown. I can also activate Simultask,
>which displays some garbage in a CGA-like mode. Upon exit from Simultask
>the system hangs.

I've been told that you have to have a ``register compatible'' display
adapter for it to work under most of the non-Messy-DOS OS's.

I had similiar problems using a ATI EGA Wonder display adapter.  From
what I was told, DOS uses the BIOS on the card to emulate a real EGA
board.  Your UNIX probably knows nothing 'bout no steekin' BIOS ...

>Has anyone else seen this problem? Has anyone resolved it?

I sold mine for $50.  Obviously I never resolved the problem and
am now stuck with miserable hercules mode :-(

>Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Buy another PeeCee?
--
John F. Haugh II                        +--Quote of the Week:------------------
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | "Give me your poor huddled masses,