A question...

tony at joshua.math.ucla.edu tony at joshua.math.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 6 11:16:01 AEST 1989

Hello netland:

I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup to ask so forgive me if
I offend anyone (I read comp.lang.c and some people really get offended
by questions asked in the wrong newsgroup).

I just recently got a compress 4.0 from uunet.uu.net and after
un-sharing the compress.patch I ended up with a xenix patch file
that started with the following lines:

	22c22
	< # define USERMEM 	450000L	/* default user memory */
	---
	> # define USERMEM 	450000	/* default user memory */
	46,49d45
	< #ifndef M_XENIX
	< #  define huge		/* needed only for 16-bit machines */
	< #endif
	<
	51c47

My question is how do you go about applying this patch to the c source?

Thanks in advance.

Tony Lei
tony at math.ucla.edu