Tape Drives

Bob Reineri root at raider.MFEE.TN.US
Mon Mar 6 12:12:35 AEST 1989

I am considering the purchase of a mini cartridge tape drive (DC2000) by
Colorado Memory Systems. The advertiser says "SCO Xenix" compatible. Has
anyone out there had first hand experience with this drive ? This is one
of those QIC-40 format jobs, that use the existing floppy drive controller.
Any comments on performance, or lack thereof, would be greatly appreciated.
(The computer is a Tandy 4000).

On another note. What exactly does determine the capacity of a tape drive ?
>From my laymans point of view, it would seem to be the length of the tape
you are using. In other words, if I put a 60mb cartridge in a drive advertised
as 40mb, would I then have 60mb of capacity ? Or is it a function of the
formatting software ? Thanks in advance for any info....

Bob
--
*RaiderNet Public Access, Murfreesboro, TN.  -  Middle Tenn's Unix GateWay*
*Phone: (615)896-8716/(615)896-7905 Mail: BOX 2371, Murfreesboro, TN 37133*