Stand alone Xenix/386 boxes Question

Scott Chou schou at faline.bellcore.com
Fri Mar 17 05:56:19 AEST 1989

Can 386 boxes run SCO Xenix without a keyboard and console monitor?
In other words I'd like to set up a small LAN of 386 boxes on an
Ethernet and communicate with them only through remote logins.

Do I save anything this way besides not having to buy the hardware?
In other words does the OS save cycles not having to poll the keyboard,
refresh the displays, etc. or is all that activity inherent whether
the I/O hardware is there to receive the data or not?

Thanks,
--
     *Scott Chou				Disclaimer:  Bellcore
    * 445 South Street MRE 2L-270		washes its hands of
  *   Morristown, NJ  07960-1910   Internet: schou at faline.bellcore.com