Stand alone Xenix/386 boxes Question

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Sat Mar 18 01:04:12 AEST 1989

In article <2208 at faline.bellcore.com> schou at faline.UUCP (Scott Chou) writes:
>Can 386 boxes run SCO Xenix without a keyboard and console monitor?
>In other words I'd like to set up a small LAN of 386 boxes on an
>Ethernet and communicate with them only through remote logins.

I'm afraid this is going to be a bit of a problem with most AT-clone 386
boxes:
1) If you don't have a keyboard the bios gives an error, but some can
get past this.
2) If you don't have a display adapter the bios gives an error and asks
to "hit F1 to continue". Of course, if you don't have a keyboard you can't
hit F1...

Paul.