Xenix/286 UUXQT/L.cmds problem

tif at cpe.UUCP tif at cpe.UUCP
Fri Mar 17 05:52:00 AEST 1989

>Written  8:03 am  Mar 15, 1989 by ispi.UUCP!jbayer in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>In article <141100009 at cpe> tif at cpe.UUCP writes:
>>Written 10:40 am  Mar 13, 1989 by ispi.UUCP!jbayer in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>>>In article <1885 at viscous.sco.COM> uunet!sco!rosso (Ross Oliver) writes:
>}>}Yes, we are currently working on a Support Level Supplement to
>}>}provide HDB UUCP for XENIX 286 users.  [...]
>}>So when do you come out with a fix for the bugs in the 386 version??
>}[...]  The paragraph above the one you included described a correction to
>}the 386 version, thus they are not ignoring bugs.  [...]
>     ^^^
>Please retract your comments.  The paragraph describes an update to HDB UUCP
>for the 286 version, and is not talking about the 386.

I guess I was not clear enough.  "The paragraph above the one you included"
is referring to this:

Written  2:44 am  Mar 11, 1989 by sco.UUCP!rosso in cpe:comp.unix.xenix
>In article <1125 at tessera.UUCP> jtc at tessera.UUCP (J.T. Conklin) writes:
>>System	: SCO Xenix/286 2.2.1
>>Bug	: PATH in uuxqt is hardcoded to /bin:/usr/bin
>
>This was fixed in 2.3.  HDB uuxqt now (correctly) allows full path names
>to be given for commands.  I believe the default path, however, is
>still hardcoded to /bin and /usr/bin.

Which demonstrates that SCO _is_ addressing bugs in the 386 version.

			Paul Chamberlain
			Computer Product Engineering, Tandy Corp.
			{killer | texbell}!cpe!tif