Corollary ??

Jeff Tye sys adm jeff at swusrgrp.UUCP
Mon May 15 03:50:07 AEST 1989

In article <171 at kolvi.hut.fi>, dny at kolvi.hut.fi (Dag Nygren) writes:

> I have been trying to get hold of a company named Corollary Inc.

Their phone is (714) 250-4040. Talk to Alan Slipson.

> Do they do anything else than serial multiplexers ??

They market a multiprocessor 386 based AT box in an OEM form. Their
major customer is Zenith with their Z1000 (or Z10000?).

> Experience with their products ??

Their 8X4 mux board and 8 port terminal concentrator is the best on the
market IMHO. I've used Computone, Digiboard, Mitsubishi, and have tested
a number of others. I pulled Computone boards out of several of my customer's
sites and replaced them with the Corollary product to solve a number of
problems.

They have the best software drivers for XENIX and 386/ix UNIX. Their
transparent or passthru print driver is the best I've ever seen or used.
The 8X4 mux allows for 4 of the 8 port terminal concentrators to be used
in a system for a total of 32 ports off of one slot. Four of the 8X4 mux
boards can be used in a system using only one interupt line. That's 128
ports on one AT box (a bit of an overkill :-)

--
Jeff Tye
southwest!/usr/group                  The Southwest U.S. chapter of /usr/group