More questions.....

Bruce A. McIntyre bruce at mdi386.UUCP
Thu May 11 09:05:08 AEST 1989

In article <3391 at rpi.edu>, fargo at pawl.rpi.edu (Irwin M. Fargo) writes:
> I'm just setting up my system and am having trouble dialing out at 9600 bps.
> A friend of mine came over and tried to help, but couldn't figure it out.  We
> were able to pinpoint the problem to the dial program in /usr/lb/uucp.  My
> modem is hooked up to the first serial port (/dev/tty1A if I remember).
> On this subject, can anyone recommend a good terminal program for Xenix?  I'm
> used to using ProComm Plus.  What can I say!
> Thank you and happy hunting!             Actually: Ethan M. Young
>   ____ [> SB <]    "Travel IS life"      Internet: fargo at pawl.rpi.edu
>  /__   -=>??<=-       - Irwin M. Fargo   Bitnet (??): usergac0 at rpitsmts.bitnet
> /   ARGO : 3000 years of regression from the year 4990
I have been using TERM from Century Software.  It is full featured, with
script language, etc.  But most important, it is transferable.  I use the
TERM software for PCDOS, XENIX, UNIX and CTOS.  They also support VMS and
a couple of others.  Full and complete VT100, etc. I even use it when PC's
tie into the XENIX system for use as terminals., then the user can use TERM
to call out to another system, etc.  Having one interface to learn is very
helpful.  I also had purchased ProComm Plus, and had no real gripes about it
except that their pre-emtion of PF1-PF4 made the use of Progress over a
PC terminal session very agravating.  With TERM I remapped the keyboard so
that these were free.
As far as your dial program.. Get an update to dial from SCO, or someone else
that has made the adjustments.  I am using a TBIT+ at 9600 and up with no
problems, after such a change.
bruce
---
	Bruce A. McIntyre, McIntyre Designs, Inc. VOICE(215)322-1895
	143 Bridgetown Pike, Langhorne, Pa. 19047 DATA (215)357-2915
	{wells|lgnp1|prapc2}!mdi386!bruce	bruce at wells tbit+

	Unix, Xenix, Netware and PC-DOS Applications development.
	Specializing in Database Applications since 1980.