New Support services from SCO

Ross Oliver rosso at sco.COM
Fri May 19 10:35:56 AEST 1989

SCO is now offering three new support services that I thought
would interest comp.unix.xenix readers.

First is our SCO Online Support (SOS) Basic Service.  SOS is our
technical support BBS, which up until now, you had to have at least a
SoftCare II support contract to gain access.  SOS Basic Service
gives you read-only acess to all the technical information on the system,
including a database of over 800 problems and solutions for the majority
of our product line.  Also available are technical articles and tutorials
from our DiSCOver newsletter, product announcements, the SCO training
schedule, and product question and answer documents.  SOS Basic Service
is $95 per year.  Contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-626-4381,
or mail to uunet!sco!support for more information.

The second new service is our Developers Program, which includes special
technical support services, discounts on products and training,
listings of your products in our SCO XENIX System V Directory,
and other goodies.  Contact our Developer Relations department
at (408) 425-7222, or mail uunet!sco!devrel for more information.

The third new service is annonymous UUCP downloads of selected Support
Level Supplements.  We have two modems available: a 2400 baud modem
at (408) 425-3502, and a Telebit Trailblazer modem at (408) 429-1786.
On either line, use the login "uusls" (forth character is the letter
"l"), no password, and the machine name is "sosco".  All files are in
the directory /usr/spool/uucppublic/SLS.  Get the file
/usr/spool/uucppublic/SLS/info for a list of available files, and
instructions on how to install the supplements after downloading.
Since this is the first public announcment of this service, there will
no doubt be a flood of calls to these two modems.  For the first couple
of weeks, please try to keep your connect time to a minimum, and if
you need more than one or two files, please take them in several
sessions.  Mail me (uunet!sco!rosso) for any questions or problems.

Ross Oliver
Technical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.