light pens / bar-code readers wanted

Robert B Carroll conan at vax1.acs.udel.EDU
Sat May 6 00:38:22 AEST 1989

In article <4154 at crash.cts.com> paul at boop.cts.com (Paul Palacios) writes:
>I am looking for any suggestions on manufacturers, models, or whatever
>information I can get on available bar-code readers for the ibm-pc
>(xt/at/386 whatever :-) ).  A light-pen kind of device would be ideal,
>however, I would appreciate any other suggestions that you might think
>reasonable.  I should also add, it's use would be closest compared to
>a point-of-sale kind of use (although, not exactly).

Try a company called Symbol Tech(or symbol technology or something like that).
I used to design POS software.
They had a gun type scanner and a snub-nose type(and probably more that
i never used) thatoperated via vibrating mirror. We had one that you
could put into a counter top and run things over, but i can't remember
the manufacturer(NCR probably?).

conan at vax1.acs.udel.edu
CONAN THE BARBARIAN