Help! My fsck is broke

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.UUCP
Sat May 13 08:25:36 AEST 1989

In article <478 at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> root at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) writes:

>It appears that where the 2.2.4 fsck can detect the LINK COUNT TABLE being
>filled up and opt you to continue on anyway to process what you have got, the
>2.3 fsck either doesn't support that, or is *supposed* to, but is buggy.

SCO hasn't commented so I guess I will: I've got a floppy disk and an
associated piece of paper which says:

    The enclosed Support Level Supplement contains a new /bin/fsck
    which solves problems experienced with fsck quitting silently
    under SCO XENIX Operating System Releases 2.3.0, 2.3.1 or
    2.3.3 for AT architecture machines.

I sounds to me that this is the fix that you need.  The label on
the disk says: 'Fix# xnx124'; the number is usually all that you would
need to order the fix.

--
Russ Kepler -  Basis International
SNAILMAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109