XBBS compile on uport 286

lester lester at ka3adu.UUCP
Thu May 25 10:20:32 AEST 1989

I've been having a problem getting XBBS to compile on uport 286
ver 2.3. I'm currently running XBBS ver 7.2.5 and am try to upgrade to the
latest version. I had this problem when I first tried to compile XBBS last
year and somebody had a simple fix for it.

The error I get is;

Assembler: bbsc1.c
          aline 13300  : Hash table overflow

The line in the Makefile reads;

bbsc1.o: bbsc1.c bbsc12.h
	cc -c -Ml -DSYSV -O bbsc1.c

I've tried it with and wit out the -O option and get the same results.

There was a pretty simple fix for this but I can't remeber what it was.

Can anyone remeber what the fix was ?

Thanks, Bob KA3ADU
uunet!wa3wbu!ka3adu!lester

--
Bob Lester KA3ADU                |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!ka3adu!lester
6330 Somerset St.                |           Packet: KA3ADU @ AK3P