XBBS compile on uport 286

John Plocher plocher%sally at Sun.COM
Fri May 26 06:53:06 AEST 1989

In article <486 at ka3adu.UUCP> lester at ka3adu.UUCP (lester) writes:
>I've been having a problem getting XBBS to compile on uport 286
>ver 2.3. I'm currently running XBBS ver 7.2.5 and am try to upgrade to the
>Assembler: bbsc1.c
>          aline 13300  : Hash table overflow

Simple fix.  As I recall XBBS is made up of a few HUGE source files.  Simply
split the .c files into smaller chunks.

aline == At LINE 13300

Hash Table overflow == too many symbols defined in this C source file.
You are allowed a symbol table of 64k in size (not 64K symbols!) and this
file is generating more than that.

   -John Plocher

(I took xbbs vers 6 or so and split it into one file/function and it compiled
without any problems.  I trashed it because it (at the time) was a rather
hokey BBS system. IHMO)