Suggestions on big screen display systems for Xenix & X

Terry Hull terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us
Sun Nov 12 10:43:41 AEST 1989

In article <46314 at looking.on.ca> brad at looking.on.ca (Brad Templeton) writes:
>Anybody have experience with really hi-res displays and SCO X windows?

No.  And you will not find anyone who has experience with Xsight and
high-res displays either.  The reason is they are not supported.
SCO is not even supporting 800x600.  Standard VGA resolution is all you
get.  The next release is supposed to support 800x600, but I do not
have a release date for that yet.  I would be happy if I could just get
the Xsight development system that I ordered over 4 months ago!!

>While you can display 1024 by 768 (super-vga) on a Multisync 3D and similar
>monitors, I assume the text would be just do darn small.  Who makes the
>good bigger monitors that can handle this, and what should they cost?
Just make sure if you use the 3D and a VGA card that the card does
1024x768 interlaced.  I have a 3D which is interlaced and a VRAM card
which is non-interlaced.  Needless to say, they don't like each other
very well at high resolutions.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University