Foxbase 2.0 performance

Michael Duebner michael at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Wed Nov 22 01:49:13 AEST 1989

In article <2763 at munnari.oz.au> jayen at shanti.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Jayen Vaghani) writes:
>We are currently running Foxplus 1.04 under Xenix on a 16Mhz 386 and we are
>finding the performance quite bad. I was wondering if anyone can tell us if
>Foxplus 2.0 provides any performance improvements over what we have at the moment.
>
>Thanks, Jayen.
>-------
>UUCP:	{uunet,ukc,ubc-cs,mcvax}!munnari.oz!jayen
>ARPA:	jayen%munnari.oz at uunet.uu.net

I can report to you a very large increase in performance.  We recently
converted from the 286 version of Foxbase to the native 386 version on a
16MHz 386 with 4 MB of ram.

It is just unbelievable that we are still running the same hardware
platform.  The application we are running under Foxbase is an accounting
package.  Aging the receivables with about 300 customers used to take about
12 minutes with no system load (no other activity other than this one going
on).  Now the same procedure is completed in 1-2 minutes.

To sum it up, its worth the upgrade.

Michael Duebner	                UUCP : michael at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Tech Svc, Buffalo Grove, IL             	312/541-6550