Foxbase 2.0 performance

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Wed Nov 22 02:02:50 AEST 1989

In article <2763 at munnari.oz.au> jayen at shanti.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Jayen Vaghani) writes:
>We are currently running Foxplus 1.04 under Xenix on a 16Mhz 386 and we are
>finding the performance quite bad. I was wondering if anyone can tell us if
>Foxplus 2.0 provides any performance improvements over what we have at the moment.

2.0 is MUCH faster.  The difference is unbelievable.  We recently installed
2.0 on a customer system and I couldn't believe my eyes.

It's well worth upgrading your package; the 2.0 release provides near-MSDOS
speed on identical hardware (ie: you run nearly as fast on Xenix as you do
on MSDOS), and is still multiuser.

We've noted a couple of quirks, but no real bugs.  Everything seems to work
just fine, even without a recompile.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]