Help: IBM 3270 emulation using SCO Xenix

Milan Strnad milan at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 23 14:41:14 AEST 1989

I'll second the support for Cleo. I've been using their "Datatalker"
board since July, wth HLLAPI, and found it a great success. No
problems installing, and their support was always there whenever
I had questions to ask.  The only improvement they could do is in
the file transfer -- currently very slow, running about 1200 Baud.
They are willing to send the board for evaluation for a period of
1 month. The cost of the board and software is U.S. $2,500.  Worth
it, when compared to SCO's UniPath with (non)API product.  Speaking
of SCO's API software, I have found their "On the Road with SCO"
catalogue very misleading when it came to explaining how the API
can be used for programmatically talking to an IBM host.  Perhaps
in the olden days -- but today most IBMs have 3270 data streams
spewing out of them, and SCO's API certainly does not handle that.
In addition, it took SCO 2+ months just to send the software out --
and that's after they had repeatedly stated that it had been shipped.
Sigh...management problems?

milan at gpu