Telebit Questions

Jeff Holmes jeff at questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG
Wed Nov 22 02:40:09 AEST 1989

	Hi,

	I was wondering if some kind soul could lead me through
	this trying time...?

	I have a Telebit Trailblazer Plus internal modem.
	I am running 386 Xenix 2.3.2.

	I recieved dialTBIT.c that was modified to run the TB+.
	(It works great except I can't dial into site - probably
	 not the dialer - more likely my lack of knowledge)

	Questions...(sort of general about getty's and things)

		My problem of not being able to dial in
		I think has to do with no getty running
		on /dev/tty1A ?!?!?

		Should there be a getty running on tty1A?

		- ungetty 	(what is it?)
		- inittab 	(does this need to be accurately set up
				 - my impression is that is doesn't HAVE
				 to be used but is there for future
				 compatibility?)
		- ttys		(entry is 17tty1A - 7 being 19200 entry
				 in gettydefs)
		- gettydefs	(My entry may not be accurate)

	Could someone using the internal TB+ with a dial in-out site
	using dialTBIT with Xenix 386 2.3.2 send me there setup of
	the following...?

		gettydefs entry
		inittab entry

	I really appreciate the people in this newsgroup.
	Thanks in advance for your help.

	Jeff Holmes
Jeff Holmes	                  DOMAIN: jeff at questar.mn.org
Questar Data Systems                UUCP: amdahl!bungia!questar!jeff
St. Paul, MN 55121		    AT&T: +1 612 688 0089