SCO Xenix VP/IX problem

Bob Willey bob at consult.UUCP
Tue Nov 21 04:06:22 AEST 1989

In article <115 at embassy.UUCP> lance at embassy.UUCP (Lance N. Antrim) writes:
>Regarding programs that run, or don't run, under VP/ix, SCO says that
>Word Perfect 4.2 will run but makes no mention of WP 5.0.  My experience
>is that WP 5.0 won't work, possibly because of the way it uses the
>keyboard.  MS Word 5.0, however, does work.
>Has anyone succeeded in running WP 5.0 under VP/ix?  If so, did you have
>to do anything  beyond the normal installation to get it running?

.You may want to consider not running applications like this under VP/ix
, its intent is to provide a path for applications that are NOT
available under Xenix and ONLY available under DOS.
It is NOT a multi-user DOS package.  The performance is not that great
for heavy use, only for occassional use.  I know I'll probably be
flamed for this, but that is our experience.
Word 5.0 and WordPerfect 5.0 will both be available shortly under
NATIVE Xenix mode, so you would be better to wait for the REAL thing
and run it NATIVE.  Performance and overall will be much better.
IMHO

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..      Bob Willey        ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..