SCO Xenix VP/IX problem

Mike Squires mikes at NCoast.ORG
Wed Nov 22 15:35:33 AEST 1989

In article <115 at embassy.UUCP> lance at embassy.UUCP (Lance N. Antrim) writes:
>Has anyone succeeded in running WP 5.0 under VP/ix?  If so, did you have
>to do anything  beyond the normal installation to get it running?

I have WP 5.0 running under VP/ix without any problems.  I have a 32MB
DOS partition on the primary drive and WP is on it.  The DOS partition
is writable by the vpix user, which is necessary if WP 5.0 is to work.
I use it frequently, although not with very complex documents.

(I'm running an old version, 7/11/88; I have the newer version but
have never installed it.)

Michael L. Squires      uucp: {necntc,cwjcc,hoptoad}!ncoast!peng!sir-alan!mikes
752 Chestnut Street                 ..!{pitt,uunet!convex,uunet}!sir-alan!mikes
Meadville, PA 16335                      BITNET: mikes%sir-alan at pitt.UUCP (VAX)
Voice:  814 337 5528                          MIKES AT SIR-ALAN!PITT.UUCP (IBM)
Data:   814 337 0348             Internet: sir-alan!mikes at uunet.uu.net
login of "ubbs" for BBS                    sir-alan!mikes at vax.cs.pittsburgh.edu