80x43

Keith Gabryelski ag at amix.commodore.com
Mon Nov 20 04:29:29 AEST 1989

In article <3837 at scolex.sco.COM> chapman at sco.COM (Brian Chapman) writes:

>In article <57 at van-bc.UUCP> sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:
>> Has anyone managed to get vi to run with an 80x43 sized display
>> (vidi e80x43)?
>
>For 2.3 Xenix vi(C) uses termcap (I think).   For termcap
>vi(C) add a line to /etc/termcap, after the "ansic" entry:
>
>ansi43:li#43:tc=ansi:

This is correct for termcap.

>3.2 SCO UNIX vi(C) uses terminfo and I don't have a terminfo vi(C)
>here at home so I can't test it, but I suppose you edit
>/usr/lib/terminfo/terminfo.src and add a duplicate entry for ansi43
>with a "lines#43" in it.  Then run tic(C).

Creating a new terminfo entry for terminals that only differ in
height or width is incorrect.  The procedure is to:

	TERM=ansi ; export TERM (or csh: setenv TERM ansi)

then:

	LINES=43 ; export LINES (or csh: setenv LINES 43)

Pax, Keith

>Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! [--Wizard of Oz]
He knows what's best for you. --The Bears
--
ag at amix.commodore.com        Keith Gabryelski          ...!cbmvax!amix!ag