SCO Support

Bob Willey bob at consult.UUCP
Tue Nov 28 00:42:31 AEST 1989

In article <537 at s5.Morgan.COM> amull at Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
>In article <1356 at lakesys.lakesys.com>, davef at lakesys.lakesys.com (Dave Fenske) writes:
>> If there's a 30% chance of an error on an SCO distribution disk, there is
>> definietly something wrong.  I find it difficult to believe that someting
>> is SCO media.
>> I have not had a single problem, nor has any of my customers had a problem
>> in over 2 years, with media.
>> Sounds like you should stop keeping the disketts in the refrigerator until
>> you're ready to use them.
>All right go ahead and assume the worst of me, and I'll assume the worst
>of you. I've been computing for over twenty years and I do this for a
>living. If you aren't interested in reports of problems which may
>someday affect you or your customers, then good luck. If you just want
>to get on the 'It must really be your problem' bandwagon, then Thanks for
>your helpful suggestion, bozo.

1. It is a shame to have items like this taking up everyone's time.
   And I will compound by adding my two cents worth.
2. We have received MANY diskettes from SCO and have NEVER had a single
   diskette bad.  Not that one may not go bad tommorrow (or today).
3. You may have a problem of the diskettes being destroyed inadvertenly,
   ala...  X-ray at your regional post office, or UPS center, or FEDex,
   or whoever the shipper was.  You could have had extreme temperature
   or humidity exposed to them.  The package could have been dropped in
   a sink of water.  Who knows..  But the bottom line is that the SCO
   distributions seem to be pretty solid from most angles.  I have seen
   several messages like mine, that people are not experiencing problems.
4. Get the new distribution from SCO (which they offer free), and go
   forward, and Good Luck.

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..      Bob Willey        ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..