Unix 3.2 woes (somewhat longish)

James O'Connor jim at bahamut.fsc.com
Tue Nov 28 13:58:01 AEST 1989

In article <253 at labii.UUCP>, shevett at labii.UUCP (Dave Shevett) writes:

> 3 - Xsight.  I got the runtime to run fairly well, though 1 out of 3 times

I wasn't aware that there was a Unix version of Xsight in production release.
SCO did tell me, however, that I could try to use Xenix Xsight on Unix, and
that it might work, but that they wouldn't support it.  If you do have a true
Unix version (production release) please tell me where you got it so I
can order a copy.

> 3a - Xsight dev kit - Is there no installation script for this?  I did the
>   manual tar'ing of the disks onto the system, but could not get ANYTHING
>   to compile.  More errors than I could count.  I tried making 'imake' in
>   /usr/lib/X11/utils/imake (i think), but that came up with 3 errors.  This
>   isn't anything fancy folks, a simple makefile, a simple c program.  This
>   IS distribution, isn't it?

I don't even have my XENIX version of the Development system yet, much less
the Unix version.  SOunds like you're working with pre-production software
here, which is usually "caveat emptor" (spelling?).
James B. O'Connor			Work:	jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Filtration Sciences --			Play:   jim at bahamut.fsc.com
A division of Ahlstrom			UUCP:	uunet!tiamat!jim