Memory in Everex??

Sysadmin. jessea at dynasys.UUCP
Wed Nov 15 10:58:43 AEST 1989

First, I'd like to say that the reason I am posting this to comp.unix.xenix is
that I've heard quite a few people in that newsgroup say they had Everex
computers.  I thought some of them may know the answers to my questions.
This is not about xenix (not really).

I have an Everex Step 386/16 with two MB of memory on the motherboard.  I would
like to upgrade to 4MB.   I don't want to get in from Everex because its
expensive and I don't need 25ns chips.  So, here's my questions:
	1)  Is it better to get SIMMS and put them into the motherboard or
	buy an memory expansion board and add memory to it?
	2)  If its the memory expansion board route I should go, what brand
	should I get?  I am running SCO Xenix and AT+T Unix.  I would like it
	to be compatible with both.
	3)  Someone told me that I have to get the right number of POW chips
	(have no idea what these are) on the motherboard if I want to put the
	memory on the motherboard.  Can anyone tell me what these are, how I
	can get them (not from Everex), and what configuration they would be in
	if I put 4MB of memory in?
	4)  Last question is, what is a good memory speed to go with?  I've
	got 25ns chips, but I'm planning on getting slower memory and selling
	these (as I have to have the same speed and I'm not about to pay the
	prices for 25ns chips).  Suggestions?  60ns?
Thanx in advance for the help.

--
Jesse W. Asher - Dynasys - (901)382-1705       Internet: jessea at dynasys.UU.NET
6196-1 Macon Rd., Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38134     UUCP: uunet!dynasys!jessea