80x43

Andrew Phillips 289 8712 andrew at teslab.lab.OZ
Wed Nov 29 12:53:09 AEST 1989

In article <67 at van-bc.UUCP> sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:
>Finally questions: Does anyone know if it's possible to get the system to
>come up in this mode? (Currently I'm doing vidi e80x43 in .login, there
>should be a better way.)

As an example to make multiscreen 3 come up like this just put
"vidi e80x43 </dev/tty03" in /etc/rc (or probably /etc/rc.d/8/userdefs).

To have this also work with programs that use termcap/terminfo/curses
you also need to change the line in /etc/ttytype to "ansi43 tty03"
and add the line "43|ansi43:li#43:tc=ansi:" to your /etc/termcap file
and change the terminfo database similarly.
--
Andrew Phillips (andrew at teslab.lab.oz{.au}) Ph. +61 (Aust) 2 (Sydney) 289 8712