SCO 'setcolor' and 'vidi' gripes (was: Re: 80x43)

Tom Betz tbetz at dasys1.UUCP
Wed Nov 29 11:40:15 AEST 1989

Quoth sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) in <67 at van-bc.UUCP>:
|In article <11256 at dasys1.UUCP> jpr at dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:
|}In article <57 at van-bc.UUCP> sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:
|}>Has anyone managed to get vi to run with an 80x43 sized display (vidi
|}>e80x43)?
|}
|}No big deal, Stuart, as long as you've redefined your TERM environment
|}variable, and made a corresponding /etc/termcap entry.

Except if you are running the combination of 2.3.1 and an Amdek
132 VGA card, in which case 'vidi e80x43' returns

 "vidi: no such device or address"

I reported this to both Wyse and SCO in December, and nobody has
offered me a solution yet.  'setcolor' is also broken on my
system, and has absolutely no effect, depriving me of the
black-on-white display capability, the reason I bought this VGA in
the first place!

Was this fixed in 2.3.2?  If so, I might be able to justify the
upgrade.

Is anyone at SCO listening?  I gave up on "support at sco.com"
months ago on this question...

Can anyone tell me whether ESIX supports the 80x43 mode of VGA,
and whether its version of 'setcolor' works?

I'm beginning to shop around for another system...
--
"I don't run - I tend to black my eyes." - D.Parton | hombre!marob!upaya!tbetz