lock up with XENIX

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amull at Morgan.COM
Sat Nov 25 12:41:04 AEST 1989

In article <287 at dksfr.UUCP>, don at dksfr.UUCP (don kossman) writes:
> In article <5478 at cps3xx.UUCP> usenet at cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
> >From article <118 at quame.UUCP>, by bryan at quame.UUCP (Bryan A. Woodruff):
> >Alot of PC keyboards have a switch on the bottom to select it as a XT
> >or an AT style keyboard. I've seen machine lock up under DOS or XENIX
> >sometimes if this switch changes settings while the machine is running.
> (etc)
I had this with my Northgate Elegance (Adaptec/Microscience 65M) until
I swapped the keyboard for an older style which didn't have a detatchable
plug where the cable joins the keyboard. If that ever slipped, it was
hang city. The new keyboard is not the only change I made; I upgraded
the anti-static precautions to include spraying fabric softener on the
carpet. No lock-ups since.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt

P.S. Have solved the cc error message dilemma; the *.err files in /lib
need to have links which appear in /lib/386. Where should I have found
this in the manuals?