80x43

Eisen Warren Thomas Day Guard. eisen at contact.uucp
Tue Nov 21 18:24:28 AEST 1989

In a slightly related circumstance... My VGA card has built-in modes of
operation (ie. 132x60 mode. Tiny, but visible). Does Xenix have any facility to
access these modes, or is it totally dependant on it's own screen fonts? It
occurs to me that it would be more efficient to use the 512K on my VGA card,
rather than memory that Xenix could better use. The card came with a few DOS
utilities to change the screen format, but not much explanation of how they did
it, or source code for the program.. I could write and ask, but I think most
VGA cards have this feature and I am hoping that SCO is exploiting it.
--
                          "Knowledge once gained
                    casts a faint light beyond it's own