comp.unix.xenix

Dr. T. Andrews tanner at cdis-1.uucp
Wed Nov 29 03:42:55 AEST 1989

It is said...
) "Beware of compilers which correct errors".

This is reasonable advice.  I don't want the thing to continue and
actually compile/link a program which has errors, even to the extent
of swallowing
	printf("blunge") printf("more blunge")	/* missing ';' */

On the other hand, I'd sure prefer that to the cascade of errors
which results from certain omissions.  Missing punctuation can
generate incredible error cascades using SCO's version of the
Microsoft compiler.  A heuristic which, on error, attempted in
some order the insertion of ')', '}', and ';' might be a welcome
diagnostic tool for that "first attempt to compile".
--
Mulroney: "Cut trains.  Drive in | {bpa,uunet}!cdin-1!cdis-1!tanner
Canada.  We need the acid rain." | {attctc gatech!uflorida}!ki4pv!cdis-1!tanner