Multiscreens - which one is active?

robert robert at gutarman.UUCP
Sat Oct 21 00:53:12 AEST 1989

In article <11 at dynasys.UUCP> jessea at dynasys.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher - Sysadmin.) writes:
>I'm curious about how I could be able to tell which multi-screen is active
>on the console.  This is just one example of how I could use this information:
>I log onto a system and I want to be able to page the person on the console.
>So, instead of going through a trial and error process, I want it to beep the
>active multi-screen.
>
>--
>        Jesse W. Asher
>        Dynasys               (901) 382-1705
>        6196-1 Macon Rd., Suite 200, Memphis, TN  38134
>        uunet!dynasys!jessea

Hi jesse...I think I might have an idea of what you are talking about! :->

Anyhow, When I log into doug's computer, I usually do a who -u.  The 4th
coloumn is the "idle" time.  This way, you can tell what the console user
is doing.  The who -u tells keyboard idleness, so if they are running a
program, and doing a lot of typing (like lyrix), then the idle time will
be null.  Hope this helps.  It does get confusing, though.