Problem with Computone Intelliport AT-8.

Rene Nieuwboer reneni at wundt.psy.vu.nl
Thu Oct 5 02:15:25 AEST 1989

Hello,

We have a little problem with a Computone Intelliport-8 serial
board under Xenix 2.3. When the kernel tries to initialize this
board, it is hung (the message is "D5").
The computer is a Olivetti M380/C (80386/16 Mhz).
It doesn't matter what IRQ you use or which RAM area. The software
installation gives no problem. All the other hardware seems to be ok.

The strange part is that when we try to use the board with exactly
the same kernel configuration on a M380/XP5 (80386/20 Mhz),
everything goes right.

Can somebody tell me what is going wrong?

/*
Rene Nieuwboer, Computersection Psychology, Vrije Universiteit,
Amsterdam, Holland.
Internet:	reneni at psy.vu.nl
*/