SCO Unix vs ICS vs Xenix

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Sat Sep 30 01:31:18 AEST 1989

In article <802 at fiver.UUCP>, palowoda at fiver.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:
|  >There are two difference choice, 2 users and unlimited
|  > users.   I think 2 users product is a rip off because I have past experience
|  > with 2 users version.
|
|    This was hashed out before, the marketing types blame it on the legal
|  department, the legal department dosn't have anything about it.
|	[ comment truncated, about policy ]

  Several thoughts about the 2U license. There are some applications for
which it is perfectly fine. It gives a uucp login and console, and if
that's what the user needs it's a chance to buy at a lower price.

  I do think all the virtual consoles should count as one user, since
there is no practical way more users could share it. That should not
make ATT unhappy, although it requires a smart user counter.

  There is a company which is packaging the 2U unix with a 6 port serial
board for a very cheap price. My first impression is that they are
leading people into a false conclusion, but I haven't gotten to them yet
because of the timezone diference.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon