Ideal PC terminal program for use with Xenix/Unix?

Brad Templeton brad at looking.on.ca
Wed Sep 27 06:36:22 AEST 1989

Any recommendations on a terminal program that would be good for
using a PC as a terminal to Xenix or Unix 3.2?

The following things would be desirable
	a) speed -- support 9600 bps on a PC.  (19.2 would be nice,
		but I have yet to see one that will do this on
		a PC, other than by lots of buffering and ctrl-s)

	b) multiscreens
		-- the program should handle multiple screens, with
		   cursor and attributes preserved over the screens,
		   and a set of handy screen switching keys for use with
		   the mscreen program.  (Ideally, one should be able
		   to define ALT-F1 etc. to do this.)

	c) scancode mode -- like a WYSE, so that it can be used with
		vp/ix etc.

	d) Some efficient smart mode that has a standard termcap.  While
	   ANSI would be nice, I would rather have a usable non-ansi that
	   goes 19.2 or 9600 than an ANSI that goes more slowly.

	e) The ability to map \ to shift for those good feeling, but
	   badly designed PC keyboards.
--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd.  --  Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473