SCO Unix 3.2 passwords

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM
Sun Sep 24 03:37:39 AEST 1989

In article <22426 at cup.portal.com> Lefty at cup.portal.com (Christopher B Durham) writes:

>Sure, it's possible to create an anonymous UUCP login on SCO UNIX 3.2

>There is no way to stop the system from sending out a Password: prompt.

See my other posting on this, I believed this statement to be true for
some time also, but unless SCO is doing something different that ISC (and
I don't believe they are), then this simply is not true, the only problem
is that you have PASSREQ=YES in the /etc/default/login file.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu