Xenix and Archive Tape Drives (was: Xenix vs. Unix?)

Michael S. Lueke mikel at taumet.UUCP
Tue Sep 19 02:25:13 AEST 1989

In article <235 at usource.UUCP> frankb at usource.SARASOTA.FL.US (Frank Bicknell) writes:
>Hmm.... could it be the CPU speed?  Ours are 16MHz... I think
>both of the "broken" ones are 20MHz (at least I think
>HP...386/RS20 means it's 20MHz).  Anybody else have any broken
>20MHz or working 16MHz varieties?

I have a TeleVideo 386/16MHz running SCO Xenix 2.3.2 and an Archive 150MB
tape drive. I also have the problem of having to access the tape drive twice
before it works.  CPU speed doesn't seem to be the answer. Sorry.

	      Michael Lueke, uunet!taumet!mikel