Xenix and Archive Tape Drives (was: Xenix vs. Unix?)

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Fri Sep 15 23:33:47 AEST 1989

> Hmm.... could it be the CPU speed?  Ours are 16MHz... I think
> both of the "broken" ones are 20MHz (at least I think
> HP...386/RS20 means it's 20MHz).  Anybody else have any broken
> 20MHz or working 16MHz varieties?

My Everex tape drive works fine the first time under SCO 2.3.2 on
my 25 mhz '386 box.

--
Larry Snyder                                              SCO Xenix 2.3.2 '386
uucp: iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry                Computone Intelliport AT8