SCO UNIX owners have fewer choices?

rick furniss rickf at pmafire.UUCP
Fri Sep 1 00:37:12 AEST 1989

    I,ve had SCO Unix 3.2 online for three weeks now.

   It appears to be a solid product so far.
 The only problem I,ve seen deals with the kernal seeing the mouse.
 The fix ,(Others haveing this problem take note), until they get it
 repaired, is as follows:
(1) Run your cmos setup utility before booting Unix, and exit. (no changes
    needed)
(2) Next boot Unix and the mouse will be recognized.

  I also have Vpix with update A, which seems to work fine with one minor
problem, Dos partion writes or changes are not seen in the current vpix
session if done from another multiscreen login.   You must exit vpix to
get the vpix shell to see any outside the current vpix session writes to Dos.

  It appears Vpix keeps the dos directory tables in memory rather than re-read-
-ing it from disk as it should.

*****		Standard Disclaimer             *****

Rick Furniss